Where should you locate your business? Visit “Locate In Wisconsin” at www.wedc.org/locateinwisconsin to find available sites, building, community profiles and more.
- Leasing a Building - Compare the benefits of leasing versus buying your business property.
- Leasing Checklist
- Leasing Equipment
Regional economic development groups – Wisconsin has a number of regional economic groups as marketing and development arms for multiple counties in various regions of the state. Review these regions and find an appropriate group. Or search these individual regional websites:
Home-Based Business FAQ’s – Answers to your home-based business questions from the U.S. Small Business Administration
Business Incubators – Database of business incubators by county from the Wisconsin Business Incubation Association. Here are some examples of specific business incubators and accelerators.
- Advance Business & Manufacturing Center, Lisa Harmann, 920-496-2110
- Ashland Area Enterprise Center, Dale Kupczyk, 715-682-8415
- Chippewa Valley Innovation Center, 715-836-2842
- City of Two Rivers Incubator
- Coulee Region Business Center, 1100 Kane St., Dave Loomis, 608-782-8022
- Door County Business Development Center, 185 E. Walnut St., Sturgeon Bay, Wis. 54235, Sam Perlman, 920-743-3113
- Fitchburg Technology Campus – Established in 2002; 120 acres south of Madison with science-tech focus.
- The Faraday Center – Science, research or high-tech focus
- Fox Valley Technical College Venture Center, 5 Systems Drive, Appleton, Wis. 54912, Amy Pietsch, 920-735-5709,
- Gener8tor invests capital, expertise and more in capable, first-stage entrepreneurs in the mobile, social and software-as-service space.
- Genesis Enterprise Center – Startup and expanding small businesses 608-327-8000
- City of Janesville Economic Development 608-755-3181
- Jefferson Area Business Center, 920-674-4010
- Madison Enterprise Center – Light industrial business
- Madcelerator gives early stage entrepreneurs a fast path to market success.
- Metro Innovation Center/University Research Park – Info tech, engineering, medical devices, computer sciences, 608-286-6246
- Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin Business Center
- Milwaukee County Research Park, 414-778-1400
- NanoRite Center for Innovation, 2322 Alpine Road, Eau Claire, Wis. 54703, Pam Owen, 866-399-6853,
- The Opportunity Center, Prairie du Chien,
- Platteville Business Incubator Inc., Platteville, Wis., Ed White, 608-348-2758
- Sector67 is a non-profit collaborative space dedicated to providing an environment to learn, teach, work on, build, and create next-generation technology.
- Southwest Wisconsin Incubator Network, 608-759-3721
- Spreenkler Meetup and Spreenkler Talent Labs – operates OPEN MiKE, which is an open source design, tech and entrepreneurship lab in Milwaukee.
- Stevens Point Business Incubator, Stevens Point, Wis. 715-343-7140
- Superior Business Center Inc., Michelle McKercher, Superior, Wis., 715-392-4749
- McAllen T.E.C. Center, located near Madison College, Kyle Adams, 608-249-2012, technology and biotechnology-focused
- Urban Hope Entrepreneur Center, 443 S. Jackson St., Green Bay, Wis. 54301, Mark Burwell, 920-884-9707
- University Research Park/MGE Innovation Center, 510 Charmany Drive, Madison, Wis. 53719, Paula Romeo/Greg Hyer, 608-441-8040
- UW-Stout Technology/Business Incubator Menomonie, Wis., 715-232-1122
- VETransfer, a veteran-focused accelerator with national ties, Ted Lasser, 161 W. Wisconsin Ave., Suite 2100, Milwaukee, Wis. 53202 414-502-8387
- Wausau Business Development Center, 100 N. 72nd Ave., Wausau, Wis. 54401, Romey Wagner, 715-848-2016
- Women’s Enterprise Business Incubator, Milwaukee, 414-374-1800
Virtual Business Incubator – Offers a one-stop resource for individuals interested in starting or expanding a small business. The site features Wisconsin-specific, small business information and resources in the areas of Accounting, Marketing, Banking, Insurance and Small Business Law. It is funded, in part, by the Office of Community Services of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.